Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Addiction Stage 3


Stage 3: Risky Use and Abuse

Addiction is something that can progress so fast, you don't even realize how bad it is until it's too late. My sister’s drug addiction was at its worst about a year after she graduated high school. My whole family was so proud of her accomplishment of graduating, we believed the high school partying phase was over, but we were mistaken. She moved from weed and pills to taking oxycodone. After oxy she quickly moved to meth. This is the hardest part for me, knowing and even saying that my sister was a meth addict. She got really deep into the drug world, and was arrested multiple times. I always thought the jail time would straighten her out and she would be my sister again when she got out, but she just kept on her drug addicted path. She just finished serving a 6 month jail sentence for a probation violation and possession, which she was arrested for while still being in rehab. Right now she is in a new treatment center and seems to be doing better than ever. All my family can do now is hope and pray that her drug addiction is over; we would love your prayers and positive thoughts as well.

Thank you.

 

Here is a website article of one of my sister’s arrests, this will be on the internet forever, and she now realizes she won't be able to escape her past.

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/meth-109570-yuba-drug.html

No comments:

Post a Comment